As I shared last week, I’m hoping to stay on track with our menu planning and will be sharing our family’s sample weekly meal plans with you. I encourage you to sit down for a bit over the weekend and plan out your family’s menu plan as well. It truly helps to know ahead of time what you’ll be eating and takes away that last-minute “what’s for dinner” guessing game! Plus, you can get the entire family involved and let each family member pick one meal for the week – the kids love this!
Something I like is that I can build in days to eat leftovers or set aside a day for take-out or eating out. Leftovers work great for our family because I can either pack them for lunch the next day for my husband and I or I can set them aside to eat as dinner later in the week. Sometimes, if there’s a lot leftover, I freeze it for a quick meal on a day with little time! Check out a sample meal plan from our family and read to the bottom for more menu planning ideas and tips!
What’s for Dinner? Meal Plan for the Week
- Sunday: Pizza
- Monday: Pollo guisado (stewed chicken) and white rice
- Tuesday: Pork burgers with blue cheese
- Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan
- Thursday: Pork chops, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Eat out
Meal Planning Tips and Ideas
For more menu planning tips, ideas, and sample menus, check out our previous articles!
- Stir-fry, lasagna, soup, and more. Dinner menu plan for 7 days.
- 14 days of dinner ideas
- Why meal planning provides peace of mind
- Planning your family’s dinner menu + sample menu
- Sample meal plan for 7 days of Puerto Rican food
- 7-day meal plan with BBQ chicken, salmon, and more
What is your family eating this week? Share your weekly meal plan with us!
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™