I know it’s hard for us moms to consistently find me-time. Sure, we can occasionally make time for ourselves and take a little break, but let’s be honest, very few moms do this on a weekly basis. Right? Something more achievable, though, is to periodically squeeze in a mini-break. Let me share how I’ve been able to add me-time and hopefully inspire you to take a break for yourself!
Early on in the year I scheduled a recurring weekly block on my calendar for just me. I don’t always get to take my weekly break, but I’ve managed to do so every now and again. My weekly break is used for whatever I choose – anything from a long shower to properly wash and condition my hair to taking time to watch a recorded show. The great thing is that your breaks don’t have to be long or complicated. If you can even find 20 minutes, it can be a great thing! Here are some ideas for how you can enjoy a quick break from your routine, plus my own me-time kit I put together.
5 Ideas for a Quick Me-Time Break
- Pamper yourself with a mini-facial using a homemade face scrub or a store-bought mask.
- Enjoy a little treat, like the new KIT KAT Minis available at Walmart starting this weekend. I’m a huge fan of chocolate, so the samples I received from Hershey’s were definitely included in my me-time kit.
- Listen to your favorite songs – you can create a break time playlist or make a CD for an on-the-go quick break in the car.
- Read a magazine or part of a book. You can keep the most current issue of your favorite magazine or a book you’re currently reading in the car or in a special corner of your home for easy access when you take your break.
- Enjoy a relaxing drink of tea, coffee, or your favorite beverage.
In building my own me-time kit, I headed to Walmart and treated myself to some tea and a new facial mask to go along with the KIT KAT Minis sent to me. Walmart also has books, magazines, CDs, and many other items you can add to your own me-time kit – just think of some of your favorite activities you can quickly enjoy to quiet your mind a little from the everyday hustle and bustle.
What would you add to your personal me-time kit?
Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™