One of the best ways to ensure that we don’t eat out or order in a lot throughout the week is to menu plan ahead of time. It’s easy to find yourself wondering what’s for dinner when it’s already too late. This usually has you rushing to piece together a meal for your family or ordering take-out. While either is perfectly fine, I know that you probably don’t want to stress about dinner at the last minute. Plus, your budget will thank you for not eating out as much!
Sometimes you may feel like you’re eating the same food and need new ideas for meals to make your family. To help us all get new ideas, I’m sharing a sample 7-day menu of my family’s. You’ll notice there is a planned day of ordering take-out and a couple of built-in days to eat leftovers. This is definitely a flexible meal plan, which works great for our family.
What’s for Dinner? Weekly Meal Plan
- Sunday: Take-out
- Monday: Baked BBQ chicken, white rice, and steamed vegetables
- Tuesday: Baked penne w/ chicken
- Wednesday: Leftovers
- Thursday: Carne molida and arroz con maiz (ground beef and yellow rice with corn)
- Friday: Salmon, steamed vegetables, and cheesy mashed potatoes
- Saturday: Leftovers
I hope to share more weekly menu plans in the future, both to help you with meal planning, but also to help myself stay on track! For more menu planning tips, ideas, and sample menus, check out our previous articles!
- Stir-fry, lasagna, soup, and more. Dinner menu plan for 7 days.
- 14 days of dinner ideas
- Why meal planning provides peace of mind
- Planning your family’s dinner menu + sample menu
- Sample meal plan for 7 days of Puerto Rican food
Do you menu plan? What’s for dinner at your house this week?
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™