You’ve finished your work for the day, the kids are home from school, your spouse is walking in the door, and everyone is hungry. Then comes the dreaded question as you look through the cabinets and freezer, “What’s for dinner?” This time of day can be one of the most stressful for working mothers, (and increasingly, for working fathers as well.) While everyone else winds down from a busy day, if you’re the one tasked with making dinner, then your busy day continues as evening mealtime approaches. According to the “It’s Dinnertime” survey, “Eight in ten families make dinner at home at least five times a week.”
So if it’s your turn to make dinner, but you forgot to defrost meat from the freezer and you want a warm, well-balanced meal for your family, here are a few quick recipes made with tuna fish to make your evening a little less hectic.
Warm Tuna Fish Dishes for Dinner
- Tuna Rangoon from Can You Stay For Dinner
- Tuna Pomodoro from Eating Well
- Tuna Risotto from BusyCooks.About.com
- English Muffin Tuna Pizza from BumbleBee.com
- Classic Tuna Casserole from BumbleBee.com
- Tuna Tetrazzini from BumbleBee.com
- Tuna Linguine Tapenade from BumbleBee.com
- Tuna Loaf from BumbleBee.com
- Tuna Vegetable Chowder from BumbleBee.com
- Tuna Cornbread Cakes from MyRecipes.com
- Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers from Can You Stay For Dinner
- Tuna, Tomato and White Bean Bow Ties from Rachael Ray
How do you manage the chaos of dinner time as a working mother?
Disclosure: modernmami is a member of the Bumble Bee Squad through Bumble Bee Foods.