This month’s Potato Tastemaker 2K10 challenge was Nutrition on a Budget. I had to create a nutritious dish for 4 with only $10 – using potatoes of course!
First, a few facts about potatoes:
- one medium-size potato has just 110 calories and is absolutely fat free
- one potato provides 45% of your daily value of vitamin C
- when eaten with the skin, a potato has more potassium than a banana
- potatoes are often one of the best values in the produce department, costing (on average), just $.25 per pound
For more potato goodness, tips, and recipes, check out Mom’s Dinner Helper from the US Potato Board.
Now, watch and see what I created:
Make sure you click over to the ModernMami.com YouTube channel and rank the video. You’ll have to sign in, but it’s super easy and free to create a YouTube account if you don’t already have one.
Here’s how to rank the video:
- View the ModernMami #tastemaker challenge 2 video at YouTube. Just click that link to go there.
- Sign in with your YouTube account or Google account; either works.
- Click the stars under the video to rank it.
Make sure to spread the word to your friends!
Don’t remember what I made for part 1 of the challenge? I showed you how to make rellenos de papa…with a salmon twist.
Disclosure: As a Potato Tastemaker challenger, for round 2 of the challenge, I was provided with $10 for creating my dish. Additionally, I received a few kitchen gadgets and a recipe book. No other compensation received.