Though I’m a fan of rice, pasta, and bread, I know that in general, we probably eat more carbs than we should. In an attempt to eat healthier, a friend of mine recently suggested I check out Bob Harper’s weight loss books, particularly Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss. Despite the title (which I’m not a fan of), the book actually lays out a decent plan for eating healthier and restarting your body to well, “jumpstart” some weight loss. I’ve previously followed the book’s menu plan and though I liked some recipes more than others, they all had plenty of vegetables along with some lean meat. I am once again thinking of giving it a try to restart my body on the path for healthier eating. Check out the low carb menu plan below to help you prepare a week’s worth of veggie-filled dinners for your family!
7-Day Low Carb Menu Plan
*Menu and recipes can be found in Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss [affiliate link]
- Monday: “Mexican” Fish with Vegetables
- Tuesday: Roasted Vegetables with Turkey Patty
- Wednesday: Turkey Meatball & Vegetable Soup
- Thursday: Chicken Alla Fresca
- Friday: Chicken Stir-Fry
- Saturday: Spaghetti Squash with Ground Turkey Marinara
- Sunday: Fish Pockets with Roasted Vegetables and Spaghetti Squash
Meal Planning Tips and Ideas
For even more menu planning tips, ideas, and sample menus, check out our previous articles!
- Stir-fry, lasagna, soup, and more. Dinner menu plan for 7 days.
- 14 days of dinner ideas
- Why meal planning provides peace of mind
- Planning your family’s dinner menu + sample menu
- Sample meal plan for 7 days of Puerto Rican food
- 7-day meal plan with BBQ chicken, salmon, and more
- Sample weekly meal plan with pork burgers, chicken parmesan, and more
- Simple weekly meal plan with chicken noodle soup, teriyaki meatballs, and more
What other low-carb dinner ideas can you share with us? Comment below with your weekly meal plan or low-carb meal ideas!
Photo: Rusty Clark/Flickr