Healthy skin is super important for anyone, but, in my experience, women tend to focus on this more than men. I moisturize every day and have done so ever since I was a young girl. My mami taught me to apply lotion every day, and I’m doing the same with my girl. It’s essential that we keep our skin hydrated, especially with our dark complexion, which rapidly shows if we’re not well-mosturized.
We use a variety of lotions, but I’m excited to partner with Eucerin this year, a brand we’ve been using since baby boy was born, due to his eczema. Eucerin has a wide variety of lotions, and cremes, and this month they sent me a complimentary sampling of their products plus a few goodies to have an in-home hydration spa day. Since me-time is something I’ve been working on having more of this year, I welcomed the opportunity to take an afternoon to focus on my skin.
Since Eucerin also makes cleansers, I was able to begin treating my skin from the bath, not just after. From using Eucerin’s hydrating cleanser, anti-wrinkle lotion, and body lotions, to the face mask and cucumber eye pads they also included, I had a lovely and relaxing afternoon right in my home. More importantly, though, I need to continue a skin hydrating routine (beyond the daily moisturizing I already do) and will begin to try some of these tips that Eucerin provided for maintaining healthy skin.
3 Tips for Maintaining Healthy, Hydrated Skin (Provided by Eucerin)
- Drink lots and lots of water (9-13 cups per day).
- Eat moisture-rich foods such as vitamin-loaded citrus fruit, nuts, whole grains, broccoli, sunflower seeds, egg yolks, and milk.
- Protect your skin from sun damage by using lotions with SPF protection, like Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 15 Moisturizing Body Lotion.
You can also check out the Eucerin Skin Solution Center on their Facebook page to see what products Eucerin recommends for your skin and gain more information.
Eucerin Skin Hydration & In-Home Spa Giveaway ***Giveaway Closed***
We want you to begin caring for your skin too, so thanks to Eucerin, we’ll be providing one of you with a wonderful in-home skin hydration gift pack (similar to the one pictured above), which includes a sampling of Eucerin products, a face mask, cucumber eye pads, a $15 iTunes gift card, plus a $125 Visa gift card! How’s that for getting your in-home spa day started? See giveaway details below.
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this giveaway for a skin hydration gift pack and a $125 Visa gift card, simply leave a comment telling us about your current skin hydration routine. Do you moisturize regularly, use lotions with SPF, and drink plenty of water? Tell us all about it!
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on Twitter.
- Tweet the following (1 time only): Win @EucerinUS skin hydration pack + $125 Visa gc from @modernmami & treat yourself to me-time! http://bit.ly/ZL4Umw #giveaway #SkinFirst
- Receive post updates by subscribing to our RSS feed. You can do so either via email or through a RSS reader. Leave a comment saying you did so or are already a subscriber.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing the details of this giveaway. Be sure to include a link back to this post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:59 pm EST. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. No purchase necessary. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Winner will have 72 hours to respond and claim prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen. Prize will be provided and fulfilled by giveaway sponsor and modernmami™.com is not responsible for lost or damaged goods.
Disclosure: As a participant in the Eucerin Skin First Network, I received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.