In about four weeks, I’ll be heading down to Miami to attend the Blogalicious 2010 conference. I was unable to attend last year’s inaugural conference, but have heard so many good things about it: the content, the networking, the people. In case you’ve never heard of it or don’t know much about the Blogalicious conference:
“The Blogalicious Weekend conferences are aimed at celebrating the diversity of women of all ethnicities in social media. Over the course of 3 event-filled days, savvy, influential and talented women bloggers will ignite a sense of unity within the multicultural blogging community as well as educate marketers on the importance of our demographic in today’s marketplace, all while networking, building relationships, and promoting inspiration and success for each other.” ~ Blogalicious Weekend website
Looking over the agenda, I see many great sessions and speakers lined up. I’m excited to be speaking on a panel myself and that several bloggers I know are speaking as well. A few sessions I’m looking forward to:
- Building your Social Media Tribe ~ Ana Flores, Spanglish Baby; Sheila Dowd, Lookiloos, Momocrats; Jennifer James, Mommy Too! Mag, Mom Bloggers Club
- Social Media Moms ~ Jeannette Kaplun, Todo Bebe; Jennifer Hutcheson, Mami 2 Mommy
- Bloggers as Brand Ambassadors ~ Emily McKhann and Cooper Munroe, The Motherhood
- Latina Bloggers Give You the Tiki Tiki About Marketing ~ Roxana Soto, Spanglish Baby; Carrie Ferguson Weir, The Tiki Tiki Blog; Melanie Edwards, ModernMami.com – session sponsored by Cafe Media
If you’re not convinced yet that you should head down to Miami to attend the Blogalicious conference and join me in the fun, let me give you two more reasons: a party and a free conference pass.
Along with Ana Flores and Carrie Ferguson Weir, I’m very excited to be co-hosting the first official party of the conference, kicking off right after the conference’s Welcome Reception on Friday night. It’s sure to be loads of fun – great music, food, and drinks – all con sabor Latino! It doesn’t matter if you can’t roll your rrrs, you’ll definitely have a good time at our Parranda!
Want to attend ¡Parranda! during this year’s Blogalicious Weekend conference? RSVP is now open for the party! The party is open to all, but space is limited due to the venue, so you’ll need to RSVP. Simply go to the eventbrite page to RSVP.
And, after you RSVP, be sure to grab a badge for your blog/site and let others know to join the ¡Parranda! fun! Stay tuned as more information on the location of the party will be provided very soon. In the meantime, don’t forget to follow us on twitter, join the Parranda buzz using the #ParrandaParty tag, plus connect with us on facebook to stay informed. More information about ¡Parranda!, the hostesses, and sponsors, can be found at parrandaparty.com.
Blogalicious Weekend Conference Pass Giveaway
Blogalicious would like to give one of you a free conference pass to attend the conference.
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this contest, simply leave a comment below answering one of the following questions:
- If you’ve been to Blogalicious before, what did you most like about it?
- If you’ve never been, then what are you looking forward to?
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on twitter.
- Tweet the following: Win #blogalicious10 conf pass from @modernmami. Ends 9/15. http://bit.ly/blogalicious10pass #giveaway #contest #blogalicious @beblogalicious
- Subscribe to this blog via email and leave a comment with the email you used to subscribe. (You can use the email field to do this instead of putting your email in the comment if you prefer.)
- Subscribe on friendfeed and leave a comment with your friendfeed ID.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing why you want to attend the Blogalicious conference; make sure to link back to this contest page in your post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Wednesday, September 15 at 11:59 pm EST. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Once a winner is selected, a discount code will be provided to him/her to use for free registration.
- Winners cannot be current conference ticket holders.
- Winner must claim pass AND register no later than Sept. 17th. After Sept. 17th the pass will go to the next winner. Ticket is non-transferable.
Good luck and see you in Miami!