Exactly one week ago, I was in Miami Beach enjoying the always wonderful tropical breeze you just can’t get in Orlando. It reminds me so much of Puerto Rico and as soon as I enter the Broward County area on 95 South, I begin to smile. “We’re in Miami.”
I was there last weekend attending the Blogalicious Weekend conference. I had heard many great things about this conference from those who attended last year in Atlanta. But, nothing compares to experiencing it yourself. It was a jam-packed 3-day weekend full of really good sessions and content, networking, and of course, friends. I really did not want it to be over.
Our ¡Parranda! was a success and we couldn’t be happier. It was awesome seeing everyone enjoying themselves, dancing, laughing and letting go for just one night. All of the hard work that Ana, Carrie, and I put into organizing the party was absolutely worth it. Huge thanks to all the sponsors, and the Blogalicious ladies, who helped make it a reality for us.
I spoke on Sunday morning, along with Carrie Ferguson Weir and Roxana Soto on a panel sponsored by Café Media. Titled, Latina Bloggers Give You the Tiki Tiki About Marketing, we spoke about how to work with brands and PR agencies, how to turn pitches in your favor, and touched on the existing stereotypes in marketing to Latinas. As soon as I have my notes put together and the tip sheet that the 3 of us compiled available, I’ll post.
The Blogalicious 2010 conference buzz is still going for many. I’ve been reading many recap posts from a variety of bloggers that attended this year. Here are a few for you to explore.
- From Tiki Tiki Blog:
- James Andrews (@keyinfluencer): My Recent Presentation on #SocialTV: Relationship Between Social Media + TV
- Love That Max: The beautiful bodies of Blogalicious
- Blogs by Latinas: Blogalicious Weekend 2010 Recap
- Huffington Post: Latina Bloggers and Blogalicious
- Professor Diva Diaries: Blogalicious 2010
- Funkidivagirl: What’s So Special About Blogalicious?
- Sista Sense: Blogalicious Lessons
- Midtown Chic-a: Blogalicious Takes Over SoBe
- Parenting by Dummies: Wordful Wednesday. Blogalicious 2010.
I’m looking forward to next year’s Blogalicious conference and hopefully it’ll be hosted somewhere not too far from Florida.
If you attended, what did you most love about Blogalicious?
Disclosure: My trip to Blogalicious 2010 was sponsored by Qué Rica Vida. All experiences and opinions are my own.