Baby girl started Kindergarten last month and something that’s new to our daily lives is the fact that I now pack a lunch for her each day. Prior to that, when she attended preschool, lunch was provided for her and was included in the cost of care. Since she started Kindergarten at a public school, we’ve decided to pack a lunch for her as much as possible in order to a) avoid the cost of buying a school lunch and b) control and know what she eats.
Her lunches consist of a main entree, a snack, and a drink. Up until now, the snack has primarily been apple sauce, carrots with ranch sauce, or goldfish crackers. After trying Dan-o-nino cups, I now have a new snack to add to her choices for school lunch. She already enjoys yogurt, so this will be an easy addition. The good thing is they come in flavors she loves like strawberry, strawberry banana, and raspberry, to name a few. Plus, I can freeze them to give her some variety!
Something I’ve always liked about feeding her yogurt is that I know she’s getting some protein and extra calcium. According to Dan-o-nino’s site, their cups have twice the calcium as other kids’ yogurts. Additionally, the product information I received states they have no artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup, which I know is important to many parents.
ModernMami™.com Reader Giveaway
We want to help with your next grocery shopping trip and give you the chance to try out these Dan-o-nino cups as well, so we’re giving away a $50 Visa gift card!
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this contest for a $50 Visa gift card, simply leave a comment below sharing one of your tips for packing a healthy school lunch.
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on Twitter.
- Tweet the following: Share a healthy school lunch tip & enter to win a $50 Visa gift card from @modernmami! http://bit.ly/nMNFs2 #giveaway #contest
- Receive post updates by subscribing to our RSS feed. You can do so either via email or through a RSS reader. Leave a comment saying you did so or are already a subscriber.
- Subscribe on friendfeed and leave a comment with your friendfeed ID.
- Like ModernMami™.com on Facebook.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing the details of this contest. Be sure to include a link back to this post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. No purchase necessary. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by BabyCenter in conjunction with the BabyCenter Blog Network. All prizes and compensation are provided by BabyCenter and Dan-o-nino.