We’ve been talking tuna this week and have featured Latino-inspired tuna fish recipes, as well as kid-friendly tuna recipes. But, let’s learn a bit more about tuna fish and its benefits, before diving in for a few tuna appetizer and light lunch ideas!
According to the National Fisheries Institute:
- Of those Americans who eat canned tuna, the vast majority, 83 percent, eat it for lunch. In fact, canned tuna is the only regularly consumed seafood at lunch.
- Over one half of canned tuna, 52 percent, is used in sandwiches.
- Households with children under 18 are about twice as likely to have tuna sandwiches available than households without children.
You see that? 52% of canned tuna is used in sandwiches – but, while that makes a great lunch, you won’t find any tuna sandwiches in this post. Let’s get a little more creative with lunch and see what else we can make with tuna fish. (These recipes make great appetizers too!)
Tuna Fish Appetizer & Lunch Ideas
- Tuna Appetizers on Crackers on Ciao Florentina
- Tuna Apple Mini Melts on SouthernLiving
- Tuna Cucumber Bites on Life with Levi
- Muffins with Tuna, Parmesan, and Sun Dried Tomatoes on Blog Stew
- Wasabi Tuna Salad Crescent Appetizers on Nibbles and Feasts
- Tuna Croquettes on Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Tiny Tuna Melts from Martha Stewart
- Spicy Thai Tuna Rolls on BumbleBee.com
- Rice Paper Tuna Wrap from Prevention
- Sweet Potato Tuna Balls from Food.com
- Tuna Salad in Cucumber Cups from SweetBay Supermarket
- Balsamic Tuna Bruschetta on iVillage
What is your favorite creative way to eat tuna fish for lunch or as an appetizer?
Disclosure: modernmami is a member of the Bumble Bee Squad through Bumble Bee Foods.