***Be sure to scroll down for a fun giveaway!***
Last year a group of Orlando bloggers worked with Lawry’s to create a quick and easy dinner full of an appetizer, main entree, and side dish. I’m excited to work with Lawry’s again this year to create a recipe using their latest salt blends and marinade flavors: Mediterranean Herb Seasoned Salt, Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic, Roasted Garlic Salt, Santa Fe Chili Marinade and Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade.
Along with the new flavors, Lawry’s offers a cute Dinnertising site, where you can create a fun customized video for your family with the idea of selling a recipe to them. It’s a nice way to add a little humor and fun into the dinnertime routine and get kids interacting with you. Lawry’s wants to make dinner exciting and hopes to help busy parents do that by providing an interactive and fun video-making experience. Here’s the Dinnertisement I made for my baby girl! Click on the image to see the video.
I decided to try out the Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade along with the Roasted Garlic Salt to make a simple, and healthy fish dish for dinner. It was super easy to make and didn’t take very long. See recipe below.
Garlic-Infused Rosemary & White Wine Tilapia
- 4 Fillets Tilapia Fish
- Lawry’s Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade
- Lawry’s Roasted Garlic Salt
- Fresh Rosemary
- Season the fish with Lawry’s Roasted Garlic Salt.
- Place fillets in a big bowl or plastic bag and cover well with Lawry’s Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade.
- Let the fillets marinate for at least 30 minutes, but definitely no less.
- Once the fish fillets have marinated, make steam pockets using aluminum foil. Place 1 fillet per steam pocket, adding vegetables on top to your liking. I used asparagus and added a couple of stalks on top of each fillet, as pictured above.
- Bake in the oven at 350ºF for 45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
I suggest you serve the fish and vegetables alongside some white rice, to complete your meal. I’m sure your family will love it and how easy it is to make!
Hints and shortcuts for your meal:
- You can marinate the fish ahead of time using freezer-size bags and defrost the fish while you’re at work during the day or out running errands. When you get home, the fish will be already seasoned and ready to cook!
- To save even more time, you can easily use a bag of frozen vegetables to add to your steam pocket.
- Use instant rice packets or a rice cooker to free up some of your kitchen time. This is great because you don’t have to constantly keep an eye on the stove.
- You might want to try broiling instead of baking the fish!
Lawry’s Dinnertising Kit Giveaway
Want to try Lawry’s new marinade flavors and salt blends for yourself? I’ve got a Dinnertising Kit to give away, which includes the following:
- Rachael Ray Lasagna Lover Stoneware
- Two (2) Zak Designs Serving Spoons: Either happy or surprise spoons
- Lawry’s Marinades and Spice Blends: Mediterranean Herb Seasoned Salt, Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic, Roasted Garlic Salt, Santa Fe Chili Marinade and Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this giveaway for a Dinnertising Kit from Lawry’s, simply leave a comment below with the link to your own Dinnertisement video. It’s super easy to create one and only takes a few short steps!
Steps to creating a Dinnertisement:
- Visit www.dinnertising.com
- On the right hand side, click the sign that reads “Create Your Own Dinnertisement Now”
- Click on the sign that reads “Choose a Recipe & Get Started!”
- Click on the dishes to see a variety of recipes
- Select the recipe you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
- Select the theme you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
- Upload your photo by clicking the sign that reads “Click to upload”
- Enter your family name and click enter
- Read the consent and click the arrow that reads “Yes, I Do Agree”
- Watch the video and at the end of the Dinnertisement, click on the envelope to email the link to yourself.
- Copy and paste the link to your Dinnertisement in the comments section to be entered to win the Lawry’s Dinnertising Kit Giveaway!
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on Twitter.
- Tweet the following (1 time only): What’s for dinner tonight? Make a dinnertisement for your family & enter to win Lawry’s goodies! http://bit.ly/lawrysgv #giveaway #lawrysmoms
- Receive post updates by subscribing to our RSS feed. You can do so either via email or through a RSS reader. Leave a comment saying you did so or are already a subscriber.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing the details of this giveaway. Be sure to include a link back to this post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Friday, June 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. No purchase necessary. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: This post is part of a paid campaign with Lawry’s.