Thanksgiving is still two days away and I know you’re already looking for Thanksgiving leftovers recipe ideas! With so much food you’re planning for your Thanksgiving dinner menu, you’re sure to have plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers and leftover turkey, specifically, so you can’t let all that good food go to waste. Rather than eat the same meal over and over throughout the coming days, we start to come up with new ideas for how to use our Thanksgiving leftovers and either recook them or reuse them in new recipes.
One staple for eating Thanksgiving leftovers in our family is to throw turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce between two slices of bread and call it a sandwich. My husband and I absolutely love it, while the kids don’t really go near it. Even my husband and I can tire of eating the same sandwich days in a row, so I came up with this quick and easy recipe for using our turkey leftovers in a new sandwich that is fresh and simple to make.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe: Quick & Easy Turkey Apple Panini Sliders
- Leftover Thanksgiving turkey, shredded
- Mini Ciabatta rolls
- Mixed Spring Mix greens
- Honeycrisp apple, cut into thin slices
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on both sides of your rolls.
- Layer your already reheated leftover Thanksgiving turkey on one side, then some mixed greens, and finally a thin slice of apple.
- You can leave as is, or do as I like and add more turkey on top of the apple. You do want to use up more of those Thanksgiving leftovers don’t you?
- Close your sandwich with the other half of your roll and place on a sandwich press, grill, or even small frying pan to warm up (pressing down with a spatula).
The addition of the Honeycrisp apple adds a bit of sweetness and crispiness to your slider, plus warming it up crunches up the ciabatta roll for even more crispness. Combined, this turkey apple panini slider is a fun way to use up some of your Thanksgiving leftovers in a simple and easy way for a quick lunch or snack the whole family will enjoy! It definitely breaks up the routine of eating turkey with stuffing all weekend long!
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers recipe?
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™