When I say tuna, what is the first dish you think of? For most people that would be a tuna sandwich or a tuna casserole, but tuna (or atún in Spanish) has its place in Latin American dishes as well. A few of the many benefits to substituting tuna in place of other proteins are that it’s more affordable, contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and it’s lower in cholesterol and fat than white or red meat. Tuna is also incredibly versatile as you’ll see by the mouth watering Latino-inspired recipes I’ve rounded up below. Think tuna can’t have a bit of sabor Latino (Latin flavor)? Think again!
13 Latino-Inspired Tuna Recipes To Try Tonight!
- Mexican Tuna Burgers from La Cocina de Leslie
- Jalapeños Stuffed with Tuna from Sweet Life Bake
- Ceviche de Atún from iFoodTV
- Rene Ortiz’s Atún Tostadas Botana from The Latin Kitchen
- Mexican Tuna Salad from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
- Torticas de Atún from My Colombian Recipes
- Croquetas de Atún with Poblano Cream Sauce from Amy Hernandez on the Examiner.com
- Ensalada de Papa con Atún from My Colombian Recipes
- Tuna Empanadas from Kathleen is Cooking in Mexico
- Silvia’s Mexican Tuna Salad from Mama Latina Tips
- Savory Southwest Tuna Cakes from BumbleBee.com
- Tuna Tacos (pictured above) from BumbleBee.com
- Lemon Pepper Tuna Burritos from BumbleBee.com
Do you have a favorite Latino-inspired tuna dish? Share it in the comments!
Disclosure: modernmami is a member of the Bumble Bee Squad through Bumble Bee Foods.