The big game is this coming Sunday and though you’ll find lots of game day recipes appropriate for snacking while watching the big game, I find not many of them are kid-friendly. Traditional game time recipes like Buffalo wings or spicy dips are not foods my kids are inclined to eat, so I wanted to come up with something simple that even my kids would enjoy. Using some of the essential game time snacks Walmart has in stock, I created a super easy kids’ snack mix recipe that my kids loved! I call it a kids’ snack mix recipe, but truth is it can be enjoyed by kids young and old as it combines flavors you probably still enjoy and that will take you back to your childhood. Your kids will enjoy helping you put together this kids’ snack mix in time for the big game, which is perfect because it’s so simple to make they can probably make it all by themselves! Ready?
Easy Kids’ Snack Mix Recipe – The Perfect Game Day Snack!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups Toasted Wheat Cereal
- 2 cups Orville Redenbacher’s Pop-up Bowl Popcorn, popped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup Cheetos
- 1/2 cup M&M’s Milk Chocolate candy – (medium bag is currently on sale at Walmart for game time for $2.88)
- Melt butter in microwave in small microwave-safe bowl, for 40 seconds or until melted.
- In large bowl, mix cereal and melted butter and toss or stir together until cereal is well coated.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixed.
I chose snacks I know my kids like to eat for their snack mix. Keep in mind that you can switch any of these around – use snacks your kids enjoy! You can also add in more or less of each ingredient to your liking and make this kids’ snack mix recipe your own – have fun with it! Plus don’t forget that Walmart is your one-stop shop for the big game this Sunday, so you’re sure to find snacks to please everyone in your family!
What ingredients would be in your kids’ snack mix recipe?
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™