We are officially in the home-stretch and Christmas is only a few days away! I’m sure you are finalizing your Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner menu and perhaps adding a few last-minute items. Maybe you still need a kid-friendly appetizer that won’t take too long to make? You may want to try the Crescent Wrapped Apple Brie recipe I tasted during a recent trip to the Walmart home office. Part of the Holiday Entertaining Guide they published this holiday season, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser and will display beautifully on your buffet table! Check out Walmart’s simple 5-ingredient recipe and add the items to your last-minute holiday dinner shopping list for the week!
Crescent Wrapped Apple Brie Recipe
*Recipe from Walmart Holiday Entertaining Guide & used with permission
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
- 1 (8 oz.) round Brie cheese
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Crackers or apple slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Press each section into 6-inch square, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Place the Brie on the center of first dough square. Arrange apple slices on top, and sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the apples.
- Pull up the sides of the bottom dough square, then place the remaining dough square on top of the Brie, apples and brown sugar. Press dough evenly around cheese, pressing to seal completely. Brush beaten egg all over the dough. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Brie with crackers or apple slices.
This apple and Brie recipe is easy to make and is really, quite delicious! My daughter and I really enjoyed it! The Brie and apple flavors combine with the brown sugar to create a cheesy and wonderfully sweet treat that goes great with crackers. Since it displays beautifully and is a quick and easy appetizer, this Crescent Wrapped Apple Brie would also work great for a New Year’s Eve party! Remember that the Walmart Holiday Entertaining Guide [PDF] has plenty of easy holiday food recipes and entertaining tips, so be sure to browse it for your holiday gatherings this week and next!
What is your go-to holiday party appetizer recipe?
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™