Last month during a business trip to the Walmart headquarters, I ate peaches like I’ve never eaten them before – grilled! I’m not a huge fan of peaches in general, but let me tell you that eating those grilled peaches changed my mind on this particular stone fruit and I couldn’t get enough of the dish! I came home raving about how good grilled peaches are and couldn’t wait to have my family try them out! (By the way, stone fruits are anything that have pits or “stones” inside, such as peaches, plums, pluots, apricots, and the like.)
The recipe for grilled peaches couldn’t be simpler too! Plus, if you don’t have an outdoor grill or don’t want to mess with firing it up, but want to enjoy some delicious grilled peaches, you can grill your peaches using an indoor grill or a counter-top grill like a George Foreman. In fact, that is how I made my grilled peaches for the recipe below! If you want to give grilled peaches a try, head over to your local Walmart’s produce department, where you can always feel secure in buying fresh fruit because of the Walmart 100% freshness guarantee – if you’re not satisfied with your produce purchase, take your receipt back to the store and you’ll receive a full refund. Ready to make those grilled peaches?
Easy Grilled Peaches Recipe
- About 4 medium peaches
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- After rinsing your peaches, slice them in half, cutting around the pit. Toss the pit.
- Place peach halves on grill, cut side down. (If you’re using a George Foreman grill, DO NOT close the lid!)
- Cook peaches until tender. I found that starting with ripe peaches works best when using the George Foreman since they are on direct heat and you won’t have to leave them on the grill as long. If your peaches aren’t ripe, you risk having them burn while waiting for them to tenderize. (I speak from experience!)
- Remove peaches from grill. Cut peach halves into quarters. Add to large bowl or baking pan.
- Add brown sugar to peaches and stir to coat evenly.
You can serve your grilled peaches just like that – they’ll be nice and sweet and almost caramelized from the brown sugar. For a fun alternative, though, that the kids are sure to love, try serving grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream on top and a drizzle of honey! Doesn’t that sound like a delicious dessert?
Do you think you’ll fire up the grill this summer to give this easy grilled peaches recipe a try?
For more stone fruit recipe ideas, check out these recipes from my fellow Walmart Moms!
- Homemade Peach Cobbler Ice Cream
- Peach Coffee Cake
- Roasted Plum & Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Black Plum & Goat Cheese Strudel
- Graham Broiled Peach Tarts
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Brown Sugar Syrup
- Old Fashion Peach Cobbler
- Nectarine Greek Yogurt
- Peach and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipe
- Stone Fruit Compote and Peach Lemonade
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™