I don’t know about your Thanksgiving meal, but whether we cook in our household or visit either of our moms, there is always a wide variety of food. This results in plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers to enjoy the rest of the weekend! While we have no issue eating our Thanksgiving leftovers as-is, sometimes it’s nice to switch things up a bit. That’s why I’m sharing a few Thanksgiving leftover recipes to get you thinking about ways you can re-purpose that Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, or sweet potatoes. I’ve even included a recipe for using up leftover pernil (Puerto Rican roast pork), since I know many Caribbean households have pernil at their Thanksgiving dinner table in addition to or instead of a turkey! Enjoy these Thanksgiving leftover recipes with your family and keep the Thanksgiving fun going just a little longer!
10 Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes to Enjoy with Your Family!
- Turkey Apple Panini Sliders – A simple lunch idea that’s great for using up some of that delicious leftover turkey!
- Cranberry Apple Pastelitos (Puff Pastries) – Take traditional Puerto Rican pastelitos (puff pastries) and fill them with leftover cranberry sauce!
- Puerto Rican Style Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Potato Balls – Puerto Rican papas rellenas are reinvented by using leftover mashed potatoes and mixing them with bacon and cheese. What’s not to love?
- Sweet Potato & Cream Cheese Empanadas – If you have leftover sweet potatoes, you can easily make some creamy empanadas for a quick snack!
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Roast Pork) Stir Fry – Pernil can be found in many Caribbean households for Thanksgiving; why not turn leftover roast pork into a quick and easy stir fry dinner! (You could do the same with leftover turkey.)
- Turkey Enchilada Pie via GUBlife – A fun take on enchiladas using leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
- Turkey Stew via Rockin Mama – I’m a fan of soups, so this stew using leftover turkey would be a hit in my house!
- Cranberry Dump Cake via De Su Mama – What an easy dessert idea using leftover cranberry sauce!
- Silver Dollar Potato Patties via La Cocina de Leslie – Turn your leftover mashed potatoes into fun potato patties that will be delicious for breakfast!
- Salvadoran Turkey Sandwiches via Latinaish – A unique sandwich recipe that with a little tweaking will work great for using some of that leftover turkey!
You might also like
What is one of your favorite Thanksgiving leftover recipes?
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™