Last year, I had the pleasure of working with the Together Counts team to share different ideas of how our family works to maintain a more balanced lifestyle. From what we eat and our activity levels, to an overall awareness that a lot about our lives affects our energy balance and that working together as a family is important for helping each other, I was able to reflect on what works for us. The Together Counts program aims to inspire active and healthy living for families and was started by The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, which promotes ways to help people achieve a healthy weight through energy balance—calories in and calories out.
My articles published on the Together Counts blog did not exclusively focus on healthy eating and exercise, but instead reflected my family’s approach to a well-balanced life of moderation. Here’s a recap of the content I shared with Together Counts readers – I encourage you to take a peek and after reading my posts, browse the site as there’s a lot of good articles written by fellow bloggers and other Together Counts Energy Balance Ambassadors. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of great tips for helping you and your family maintain a more balanced life.
- Stepping Outside Our Routine for Mother’s Day – It’s nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the everyday routine and take a step back to enjoy special moments!
- The Many Examples We Set For Our Children – Our children watch our every move, so it’s important to set good examples, but equally important to let them know their parents are not perfect either and we can all learn from our mistakes.
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month Over Dinner – Celebrating our rich heritage and individual cultures is important to our family. Check out the special recipe I shared, perfect for Hispanic Heritage Month or any weeknight family meal!
- 10 Ways to Stay Active During the Holidays – Some ideas for staying active during the extra busy holiday months, though these tips can be tweaked and used any time of the year!
- 5 Ideas for Keeping Balanced Resolutions as a Family – It’s not too late to work together as a family to come up with some resolutions or goals for a well-balanced life. Your children will love being part of the process!
How is your family working on maintaining a balanced life this year?
Disclosure: As a Together Counts ambassador, I received compensation for my work. All thoughts and opinions are my own.