Today’s post is a hodgepodge (who thinks up these words anyway?) of updates. Hence, the title.
By the way, “un poco de todo” means “a little bit of everything.”
5 Resources for Raising Bilingual Children
First off, it’s another Wednesday where you’ll find me at the Family Eden blog.
Today’s post – 5 Resources for Raising Bilingual Children
Here are the resources I listed, but for a bit of back-story on our family, you’ll want to click over and read the full post. (I also included more information on each resource in the post.)
- Colorín Colorado – A bilingual site for families and educators of English language learners.
- SpanglishBaby – Raising Bilingual & Bi-Cultural Children
- Cody’s Cuentos – Classic children’s fairytales…in Spanish.
- Latin Baby Book Club – Celebrating our Culture
- Circletime Kids – A global gathering of children and the people who love them.
I also wanted to remind you about the two contests that are currently running.
- There’s only 3 days left to enter to win a free ticket to the Florida Conference for Women. I will be attending and hope to learn, reflect, and network with other women in the area. Doesn’t that sound like something you ABSOLUTELY want to do also?
- You can also enter to win a Mother’s Day makeover courtesy of a new salon in town, Adore de Salon. If you win, you can opt to hand over the prize to your mom. So even if you don’t live in Central Florida, but your mom does, you can still enter the contest and treat mom to a nice gift!
There are several events happening in April and May in the Orlando area. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make them all. If I did that, my kid would probably forget who I am. Here are the ones I do plan to attend.
- Orlando Tweetup II – Hosted by Etan Horowitz of the Orlando Sentinel on April 30th. A recap of the first tweetup he did can be found on his blog. More info on round 2 & RSVP on the Facebook event page.
- National Mom’s Nite Out – This event is one of many around the country and will be held at the Seminole Towne Center Mall on May 7th. More info & RSVP on the Facebook event page.
- Market Leverage Women Bloggers Meetup – If you’re a woman blogger or Internet marketer in the Central Florida area, you can join us on May 8th for a meetup with the Market Leverage company. More info & RSVP on the Facebook event page.
And please? No more events need pop up in the months of April and May. I’ve got enough going on before my :ahem: birthday and oh yea! – trip to Puerto Rico.
If you’ll be attending any of these events, let me know! And be sure to enter the contests!