It’s hard to believe, but it’s already time to start talking back to school shopping! With a little over 4 weeks before my kids’ first day of school, it’s time for this mami to start thinking about back to school clothes, supplies, and preparations. One good thing about having a 4th grader and pre-Kindergartener is that they’re not (yet) picky about their back to school clothes. That doesn’t mean they don’t have a style of their own, though; even my 4-year-old has his preferred look! Luckily, with the help of affordable prices at my local Walmart, I can find cute back to school clothes for my kids that speak to their style! Check out a bit of our choices!
Back to School Clothes Shopping!
While we did a very small shopping trip this time around (my store is still transitioning from summer to back to school clothes), you can see that there is a varied selection for back to school shopping. From girls and boys tops and bottoms to shoes, accessories, backpacks, and more, you have a lot to choose from! Plus, you can find an even bigger selection (including uniforms!) on Walmart.com’s Back to School page! My kids don’t wear uniforms at the moment, but my girl used to a couple of years back and I purchased quite a few pieces from Walmart that lasted her the school year.
Here are the items I mention in the video above and feature in the photos, so you can see the details of each and browse the selections of styles and colors:
- Girls’ graphic tees – You’ll find a variety of designs, characters, and sayings both in store and on Walmart.com at a variety of price points. The cat shirt I bought my girl was priced at only $4.88!
- Girls’ Jordache jeggings – Priced regularly at $9, my store actually had them on clearance for $7!
- Girls’ Faded Glory bermuda shorts – You can’t beat the $4.88 price and I love that the bermuda shorts are longer, making them comfortable and great for school!
- Boys’ character belts – Characters are still a big part of my boy’s world, so finding fun items with his favorite characters is always a plus! I couldn’t resist purchasing a Spider-Man “secret identity” belt – really a reversible belt – priced at $6.88, that he can pair with most outfits. (I wasn’t able to find the specific one we purchased on Walmart.com, but check the boys’ department in your store!)
- Toddler boys’ Garanimals cargo shorts – Since my boy is in between toddler and boys sizes, I sometimes look in the toddler sections for shirts and shorts. These Garanimals shorts are pull-on, so it makes it easier for him to get dressed. Plus, you can’t beat the $4.88 price point!
- Boys’ Faded Glory cargo shorts – Cargo shorts are super comfortable for my boy and he likes the look with pockets. These are great for coordinating with either a t-shirt or polo and at $9.88, I can easily get him a few.
- Boys’ Faded Glory polo shirts – Solid color polo shirts are great for mixing with either jeans or shorts, so I always grab a few of these for my boy. With a price of $5.97 (currently $4.97 on rollback), that is completely doable!
What I love most about the variety of back to school clothes at Walmart is that we can easily mix and match the clothes and they all come with a great price. This is super important with young kids because they are often playing (recess, P.E., art class) and easily get dirty. It just doesn’t make sense to spend a huge amount of money on their clothes. Plus, when your 4-year-old wants to dress himself, you know that he can easily build his outfit with clothes that coordinate!
Has back to school shopping begun at your house? What type of back to school clothes do your kids like?
All photos © Melanie Edwards/modernmami™