Summer season officially begins this week at our house. My baby girl finishes Kindergarten in a couple of days, leaving over two months of fun to be had! We don’t regularly take yearly vacations like some people, but we do take mini-trips throughout the year as a family. These mostly happen in conjunction with a social media conference I attend; while I work, the family has fun!
With summer, come added expenses. Aside from any vacation costs, there are also extra expenses associated with more people at home during the day (extra food, increased energy use, etc.). Additionally, for most, it also means summer camp and daycare costs.
As I’ve mentioned before, selling on eBay is a great way to earn extra income and raise funds for such things as these extra summer expenses. eBay wants to challenge you to take that summer vacation and help fund it by selling your old, unused items! It’s easy to sell on eBay and you don’t even pay any fees for listing an item; you only pay a fee if your item sells. Why not give it a try, right?
To get you started, here are some tips for selling on eBay:
- Ideas for Finding Items to Sell on eBay
- eBay PowerSeller Shares Tips For Getting Started Selling on eBay
- eBay’s Selling Inspiration House
- eBay’s Seller Information Center
To encourage you to give selling on eBay a try, we’ve got a great giveaway!
Selling on eBay Summer of Fun Giveaway
Give selling on eBay a try or share your past experiences in eBay selling and you could win an eBay gift card worth $100!
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this giveaway for a $100 eBay gift card, simply leave a comment below answering one or more of these questions:
- Tell us about a recent item you sold on eBay.
- How many listings do you currently have live on eBay?
- How much money did you make in a recent sale?
All entries MUST include your eBay ID in order to qualify. All entries will be shared with Airfoil PR and eBay. By entering this giveaway, you agree to have your eBay ID shared with Airfoil PR and eBay.
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on Twitter.
- Tweet the following (1 time only): Fund your summer vacation by selling on @eBay! Share eBay experience & enter to win $100 eBay gc! http://bit.ly/sellebaygv #giveaway #eBayParent
- Receive post updates by subscribing to our RSS feed. You can do so either via email or through a RSS reader. Leave a comment saying you did so or are already a subscriber.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing the details of this giveaway. Be sure to include a link back to this post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. No purchase necessary. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway, you agree to have your eBay ID shared with Airfoil PR and eBay.
Photo: Mindaugas Danys/Flickr