As I recently mentioned, I’m smack in the middle of allergy season and am very much dealing with the effects of spring allergies. Seasonal allergies are no joke in my household, which is why I definitely use my tips to help kids with spring allergies and even apply some of those tips in my own bedroom. But, with my spring allergies being more severe than those of my children, I also need medication and at times, even require treatment from an allergist to control my environmental allergies. I also help keep my children’s allergies under control with allergy medicine, especially at night to help avoid the inevitable dry cough that develops from post-nasal drip. Of course, we’ve been at this for many years and have taken the advice of our pediatrician into consideration, as well as my own personal doctor – something you should do before taking any medication.
If you have been advised by a doctor to take over-the-counter allergy medicine in order to help ease the symptoms of spring allergies, then you may want to consider the CVS Brand of allergy medicines available at your local CVS/pharmacy store! As you probably already know, generic brands of medications cost less than national brands, but are still made with the same active ingredients and are regulated under the same FDA guidelines. You can check the ingredients for yourself and compare a national brand to the CVS brand to see that you’re getting the same active ingredient in the medicine.
When considering allergy medicine for you and your family’s spring and seasonal allergies, it really does take some trial and error to find the right medicine that works best for your symptoms. Every person has their preferred medicine that seems to work better than another. Recently, I had to switch from one brand to another after many years of taking an allergy medicine that seemed to be my most helpful one. In general though, the following products may help your family in combating spring allergies – but again, keep in mind that you should always consult your doctor or your children’s pediatrician before you take any medication:
- CVS Allergy Relief 24 Hour Indoor/Outdoor
- CVS Children’s 24 Hour Indoor/Outdoor Allergy Relief
- CVS Allergy Eye Drops, Antihistamine & Redness Reliever
- CVS Brand Nasal Strips, which help provide allergy relief, but also help reduce snoring!
- Total Home by CVS Facial Tissue Ultra Soft Lotion w/ Aloe – for the home
- Total Home by CVS Facial Tissue Soft & Strong 2-Ply - for on-the-go messes, I always keep a pack in my purse and in my girl’s backpack!
- Total Home by CVS Hypoallergenic Sensitive Skin Moist Wipes
This week (through Sat 4/5/14), CVS has many of their allergy remedy essentials on sale in their weekly ad with many items available for purchase at buy one, get one 50% off. It’s a great opportunity for you to stock up on your spring allergy kit and get those medicines you’ll need all season long, plus gain more ExtraCare rewards! We’re also hosting a fun giveaway of a spring allergies essentials kit to help you get through this allergy season! Read on to find out how to enter!
CVS Spring Allergies Essentials Kit Giveaway
We want to help your family survive this spring allergy season, so we’ll be providing one of you with a spring allergies essentials kit, full of a sampling of some of the products we mentioned (similar to the picture above), thanks to CVS/pharmacy! See giveaway details below.
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this giveaway for a spring allergies essentials kit, simply leave a comment sharing your must-have items for surviving the spring allergy season!
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter name saying you followed.
- Tweet the following (1 time only) and leave a comment with the link of the tweet: Fight spring #allergies w/ an essentials kit from @CVS_Extra! Enter to #win from #modernmami! http://bit.ly/1lnms09 #giveaway
- Join the modernmami Facebook community and leave a comment on this blog post saying you liked the modernmami page.
- Receive post updates by subscribing to our RSS feed. You can do so either via email or through a RSS reader. Leave a comment saying you did so or are already a subscriber.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing the details of this giveaway. Be sure to include a link back to this post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. No purchase necessary. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Winner will have 72 hours to respond and claim prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen. Prize will be provided and fulfilled by giveaway sponsor and modernmami™.com is not responsible for lost or damaged goods.
Disclosure: A working relationship exists between CVS/pharmacy and modernmami™. No compensation or product received for this post. Products for giveaway provided by sponsor directly to winner. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Top photo: Brooke Novak/Flickr
Product photo courtesy of CVS/pharmacy