Vacuums are one of those appliances you use several times a week – well, at least you probably try to, right? With so much use, they can easily break down. I know that in the eight years we’ve been married, my husband and I have gone through four vacuums. I’m not sure if this is the same for the average person or if we just have really, really bad luck with vacuums, but that’s the reality of it for us – four vacuums in eight years.
When we were recently offered the opportunity to review and giveaway a new Eureka AirSpeed ABS vacuum cleaner, I accepted knowing that many of you could probably use a new vacuum. Since we aren’t in need of a new vacuum at this time, I offered the review unit to my brother and his family to test it out. Here’s what they had to say about it:
- The weight is convenient since it allows for more flexibility to move around.
- It has more power than others and vacuums one area with just one sweep.
- The attachments work better than other vacuums since you can disable the main bottom portion and redirect all the suction power to the attachment.
- It is very easy to change the bag.
- They appreciated the fact that the instructions come in both English and Spanish.
A couple of more details about the Eureka AirSpeed ABS, as provided to me, include:
- The Eureka AirSpeed ABS combines AirSpeed Technology with features of a bagged vacuum.
- AirSpeed Technology uses two wide tubes with limited bends and turns, allowing more air to pass through the vacuum.
- The direct air path from floor to dust cup decreases the distance for dirt to travel, which increases the amount of airflow for powerful suction.
- Unlike other models in the AirSpeed line – all of which are bagless – AirSpeed ABS uses replaceable, disposable bags to capture dust and debris and completely contain dirt and allergens.
- The Eureka AirSpeed ABS retails for $129.88 and can be found exclusively at Walmart. (Note: I’m a Walmart Moms member, however this is not a Walmart-sponsored post.)
Overall, my brother and his family found the Eureka AirSpeed vacuum to be efficient and do its job. Now, one of you can test it out for yourselves, as we’re giving one of these vacuums away!
ModernMami™.com Reader Giveaway
We want you to get a new vacuum, so we’re giving away a Eureka AirSpeed ABS vacuum cleaner, as pictured above!
How to Enter
Required entry: If you’d like to enter this contest for a Eureka AirSpeed ABS vacuum, simply leave a comment below sharing how often you typically replace your vacuum cleaner.
Extra entries (optional):
Each of the following will count as 1 extra entry. You’ll need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Follow @modernmami on Twitter.
- Tweet the following: Enter to win a Eureka AirSpeed vacuum cleaner from @modernmami! http://bit.ly/npXjuJ #giveaway #contest
- Receive post updates by subscribing to our RSS feed. You can do so either via email or through a RSS reader. Leave a comment saying you did so or are already a subscriber.
- Subscribe on friendfeed and leave a comment with your friendfeed ID.
- Write a blog post on your own blog sharing the details of this contest. Be sure to include a link back to this post. Leave a comment with your post link.
All entries must be in by Friday, October 14, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. No purchase necessary. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified via email. (Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your entry.) Winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Vacuum Photo Provided and Used with Permission
Disclosure: We received a Eureka AirSpeed vacuum in order to facilitate this review. No compensation received.