After the Christmas and New Year’s holidays have passed, the celebration doesn’t end for many Latino households. Our family doesn’t take down our Christmas tree until after January 6th each year – Three Kings’ Day! El Día de Los Tres Reyes Magos celebrates the Epiphany, when the Magi visited Jesus for the first time. The journey of The Three Wise Men to meet Jesus is honored on Three Kings’ Day every year and is a special holiday for the Latino community. I’m happy to share El Día de Los Reyes with my own children so they can learn about the Three Wise men and continue the Three Kings’ Day traditions with which I grew up.
To help your children explore Three Kings’ Day and honor the holiday, try these fun activities, recipes, and ideas for celebrating Three Kings’ Day with kids!
Ideas for Celebrating Three Kings’ Day with Kids!
- Make a Three Kings’ Day shoe box basket for collecting the camels’ grass!
- Try a simple Three Kings’ Day craft for kids to learn more about the holiday.
- Enjoy some delicious arroz con dulce with the kids.
- Have fun making this Three Kings toilet paper roll craft.
- Try a traditional Mexican Rosca de Reyes!
- Act out the story of the Three Wise Men while making this cute Three Kings plastic bottle craft.
- Show your kids how to make a Three Kings’ Day grass box!
- Enjoy a hot cup of Mexican hot chocolate while reading a story.
- Make alfajores with your kids – delicious dulce de leche sandwich cookies!
- Let the kids make this festive Three Kings’ Day crown craft.
- Try making these Three Kings wooden magnets for a cute decoration!
- Bake up the Three Wise Men with these adorable Three Kings Day mini cakes!
- Share a Three Kings’ Day card with your kids along with their gift!
- Print a free Three Kings’ Day coloring page for your kids to color during art time.
- Encourage your kids to write a letter to the Three Wise Men using these free printable bilingual Three Kings’ Day letter templates!
- Help your kids learn more about Three Kings Day with these lesson plans, books, and activity ideas from our friend at MommyMaestra!